Friday, March 12, 2010

My Little Space






I have spent the better half of this week admiring the carefully calculated walls of my new little space. If Target, IKEA, various antique malls and the year 1978 all married, divorced and then remarried….the love child would be my apartment. It’s amazing what you can do when you buy used items on websites like etsy.com or simply create a lot of the décor yourself.
Respectfully, will my apartment earn a featured spread in Real Simple magazine? Nah. But it’s not too shabby considering the lack of funds in my wallet and the ugly smell and layout of the place. I guess I’m attempting a shabby/sheek/retro/70’s look….but if I’m being honest (as Simon Cowell would say, not that I watch that show...) I don’t even know what shabby sheek means.
So let’s just say my theme is teal and birds. There, wasn’t that easier?

The long and short of it? An imperfect apartment makes for a cozy space…for which I will continuously be updating, changing and feeling thankful for.  Here’s to many top raman filled evenings at my little kitchen table…with hopefully, some good company…like a ceramic owl.







No comments: