Thursday, February 25, 2010

Plastic Chairs from Sweden

Having become fearfully lost in an IKEA showroom, I found myself weeping in a postmodern gray scale bedroom. It contained simplistic small furniture made for thin yuppies to snuggle on while they talk on their iPhone..... to grandma...who has been put away in a care facility. Thankfully, after wiping my tears I made it to the kitchen section, where I knocked on different sets of overpriced (yet still cheap) badly made tables...trying not to get in the way of the young engaged couple who was clearly on a mission to register for the huge portrait of Audrey Hepburn before anyone else. I wanted to say, "Don't worry guys! There's plenty more pop culture knocks offs that way! So just back the hell up!"

3 comments:

請看 said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Emily Anne said...

So, how about a North American Ikea tour...?? everyone chips in for a motorhome, and we do our best to hit every Ikea, document our findings, and make a point to say ALL the stuff we might not otherwise. Maybe some of those big trucker's hats with hidden video cameras underneath? It could be the next big hit reality tv show.

Jenni said...

I am in FULL support of this endeavor