Saturday, September 12, 2009

well us women....

Wells us women always want to visit far off places. Be it Africa, Europe....or just a field where you could lounge in nature making daisy crowns for your friends, we all crave some great beautiful unknown.

I believe it was Belle, from Beauty and the Beast who first said, "I want adventure in the great white....somewhere, I want it more than I can tell. And for once it might be grand. To have someone....understand. I want so much more than they've got planned."

(and then some twirling, and the peasants burst forth in song...but you get the idea)

Now, there are times when I'm content with a top raman adventure. In fact, not moments ago I took a trip such as this. In my car, I went down to the plaid pantry at the late hour of 11pm (quite out of my typical schedule I might add) to purchase such a fine noodle cuisine.

And I later sat in bed thinking....
"Has it come to this? That's it? That's what I'm proud of in regards to "epic" travels for the week?"

You see, I am at war with the rat race. I hate it. And my hatred for it only enables it's control over my life ending in a guaranteed dominance over me.

What about the "great white...somewhere!" ?

I will be the first to admit that a person unable to be at peace and content in the present is forever an unhappy human. Always in want. Always gnashing away at life. Always clenched at the fist. I would not recommend this outlook on earthly existence. Trust me, I speak from experience.

However, there must be a happy medium between, ingratitude and complacency. I think my next journey is to find this unknown balance, and linger there awhile.

More to come.....

No comments: